PRODIGY Programme for Incredible Communication

Untitled-4According to author, Daniel Goleman, “Intelligent Quotients contributes, at best, about 20 percent to the factors that determine life success. That leaves 80 percent to everything else. There are many ways in which your destiny in life depends on having the skills that make up emotional intelligence”

The PRODIGY Programme values the importance of communication and emotional intelligence at the workplace and has embedded specialized programs to provide a platform for developments and transitions to take place. The PRODIGY soft skills communication programs focus on providing participants a complete insight on workplace communication strategy blended with EQ for interpersonal skills, writing skills and business presentation skills; the three most essential competencies for new executives.

Learning outcomes are achieved through strategically selected experiential learning activities involving profiling of communication styles, cases, structured discussions, presentations and evaluations.

The key objectives of this programme are to enable participants to apply the basic elements of effective communication, foster reliable relationships and powerful partnerships at the workplace; write effective technical reports to meet the needs of various readers and apply effective strategies to communicate technical information.

Executives will also learn ways to present findings and key concepts in a confident and convincing manner and employ techniques for polishing and mastering presentation delivery. This credible form of communication will help you to achieve incredible results at the workplace.

The first PRODIGY programme took place from 8 – 25 September 2014 at the INSTEP Campus with 26 participants comprising of petroleum engineers and process and production Engineers. Untitled-5Oil and gas is a highly specialised field. Although technical knowledge can be obtained through years of education from learning institutions, there are areas of competencies which cannot be learned in a wholesome manner through text books especially soft skills and behavioral related subjects.

The potent potion of a successful career is just not solely dependent on one’s Intelligent Quotient (IQ) and paper qualification but more so the ability to assimilate well into the workplace environment and blend one’s IQ with a an effective Emotional Quotient (EQ) approach.

The success criteria of a wholesome employee is not one that excels well in technical knowledge only but one who is able communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, at various levels. While these competencies can be learned at workplace but they take time and often after costly mistakes are made. These mistakes have a negative impact the morale of the employees and the success of the organization.

In spite of the increasing importance placed on communication skills, many individuals continue to struggle and are unable to communicate their thoughts and ideas tactfully and effectively whether in verbal or written format. This inability makes it nearly impossible for them to compete effectively in the workplace and stands in the way of career progression.

Published on 21/10/2014