A petroleum engineer is involved in nearly all stages of oil and gas field evaluation, development and production. The aim is to maximize hydrocarbon recovery at minimum cost while maintaining a strong emphasis on reducing environmental impact.
- Work closely with seniors in all aspects of Petroleum Engineering to meet short, medium and long term production and reservoir management goals.
- Monitor day-to-day gas, condensate and water production to ensure production target is met.
- Interface with Offshore Production section regarding monthly well test program and daily monitoring.
- Monitor well performance to ensure optimized gas production according to sand-free and production strategy.
- Prepare long term production forecast for yearly production target.
- Plan and Supervise well intervention campaign, well integrity program and sampling executed by 3rd parties.
- Plan and prepare the procedure for each upcoming work in order to ensure the work is properly done.
- Prepare technical and management report to internal and external parties.
- Taking up a role in the onshore emergency response team to support the offshore emergency response team.
- Build up and run well model (nodal analysis) to evaluate gas production optimization.
- Update production database for production allocation and monthly production reporting
- Support procurement section in contract establishment and tendering process.